Friday, January 23, 2009

Five years!

Wahied got the visa. It's a five-year multiple entry tourist visa. Woo!

We're going to come back to the states for a major visit this May. The plan is to come for 3 or 4 weeks, spending most of our time in Connecticut and New York, hopefully with a short visit to Chicago too.

Every time I think about it, I can't help squealing "We're a-comin' home!" which confuses Wahied, both because of the made up words, and because we are already home.

The best thing about this visa is that it has fundamentally changed my daily life here. Now I know that I'm here because I want to be, and not because I have to be. The distinction seems small, but it's actually a huge difference. I have chosen my life and can un-chose it any time I like, so it must be exactly what I want it to be.


Other than that, things haven't been all that different. Work is good, home life is good, Wahied is lovely, and things are fine. I've been busy. Somehow, I always seem to be busy. I'm getting a bit tired, to be honest. My break in May is a big thing to look forward to, but May seems to be pretty far away at this point. I guess that just leaves me more time to spend looking forward to it, though.

More later....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Mia and I look forward to meeting up when you're in the ol' CT.

Alyssa said...

Yay!

Unknown said...

Tell me when you'll be in NYC. I'll come up for a weekend. And we can plan out me visiting this summer.