Thursday, November 13, 2008

The best thing about living in Egypt..

...is that moment, just around noon on a Thursday, when you're sitting at work, rubbing your temples thinking "I'm not entirely sure I can make it through the next two days...there's no way I can come to work tomorrow...." when suddenly, like an out of control micro bus it hits you----I don't have to! (In Egypt, the weekends are Friday and Saturday).

After that point, you can spend the rest of your Thursday afternoon counting down until 6pm, making your shopping list, making your to-do list, making plans to go to the park with your friends' kids, and making plans to do things you know you won't actually do (like go to the gym, clean out your closets).

Alternatively, (one of) the worst thing(s) about living in Egypt is that moment, just around noon on a Saturday, when you haven't yet started tackling your hundreds of lists, drinking a coffee and still wearing pjs when you think "I don't need to get dressed right now, I have a whole day left to do my errands...." when you remember that, in just 20 hours you will be stuck in traffic on your way to work, nearly getting hit by far-less metaphorical micro buses.

But since Saturday is really really far away from now.....Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

luxury holidays in sharm el sheikh said...

Egypt is a really nice place. I would love to take luxury holidays in Egypt.